Position Description – Wild Ones Administrative Assistant
(Part-Time 20-30 hours per week)
Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes is a national nonprofit environmental organization with 60 chapters in 20 states. Our mission is to promote environmentally sound landscaping practices that protect biodiversity through the preservation, restoration, and establishment of native plant communities. We have a small national office that supports the work of members and chapters and leads the organization in planning, advocacy, and policy guidance.
Overview: Wild Ones is look for an Administrative Assistant who can provide support the national staff by preforming a wide range of clerical and administrative tasks at the national office known as the WILD Center.
- Provides exceptional customer service and assistance to visitors to the WILD Center
- Answer, screen and direct calls and emails to the appropriate Wild Ones staff member.
- Communicate with vendors to schedule maintenance for contracted services such as snow removal, lawn maintenance, facility cleaning and ad-hoc services as needed.
- Processing incoming invoices and bills to be approved by the Executive Director
- Processing member payments and accurately updating membership profiles in the membership database and accounting system.
- Scheduling both virtual and in person meetings and meeting reminders as directed by the Executive Director
- Support hosts in virtual meetings by coordinating participants, monitoring chat boxes, compiling survey results and taking notes as needed
- Order and manage inventory of supplies and stock items for the WILD Center, Wild Ones Members and Chapters
- Maintains both physical and digital document storage systems
- Provide prepared reports, presentations, and professional documents for the organization
- Send organizational emails to members and chapters as directed by the Executive Director
- Prepare and send emails to members as directed by the Executive Director
- Research supplemental content such as photos, articles, blogs for social media postings
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1 year of experience in preforming administrative duties in an office setting
- At least 1 year experiencing using SharePoint document management and storage
- Experience in bookkeeping is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have (or willing to obtain) a stable internet connection
- Must have (or willing to obtain) a computer to complete remote work
- Must have at least an intermediate proficiency with video conferencing software
- Must have at least an intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Access.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and verbal skills
- Accurate and proficient in data entry
- Knowledge of Native Plants is a plus
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently
We do not expect our ideal candidate to possess all of the above requirements. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is quick learner and willing to do whatever is needed to support Wild Ones administrative needs.
Hours, Salary and Benefits
$15.00 Per Hour
Hours and Location
Wild Ones national staff are currently working a mix of in office hours and remote hours due to COVID-19. When it is safe to do so the national staff with return to a regular work location at the Wild Center Monday- Friday between 8am – 4pm.
Location: Wild Center, 2285 Butte des Morts Beach Road, Neenah, WI 54956
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Ability to purchase Aflac insurance products
- Eligible for SIMPLE IRA Retirement plan after minimum employment requirements are met; up to 3% company match.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.