NATIONAL NONPROFIT SEEKS ACCOUNTING MANAGER
ABOUT US (https://wildones.org)
Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes is a national nonprofit environmental organization with 60 chapters in 20 states. Our mission is to promote environmentally sound landscaping practices that protect biodiversity through the preservation, restoration, and establishment of native plant communities. We have a small national office that supports the work of members and chapters and leads the organization in planning, advocacy, and policy guidance.
An Accounting Manager to provide financial management for the National Office, its Mission-related programs and projects, and our chapters nationwide. The position reports to the Executive Director.
WILD Center, 2285 Butte des Morts Beach Road, Neenah, WI 54956
Candidates should live in the Fox Valley region of Wisconsin
- Bookkeeping, Financial Reporting, and Annual Budgeting
- Payroll, including Quarterly and Annual Filings
- Chapter Support: Financial Inquiries, Dues Reimbursement, and EOY Financials
- Annual 990, Related State Tax Returns, and 1099s
- Relationship Management: Vendors, Grantors, Key Donors, and Board Committees, Projects, and Working Groups
- Governance and Compliance: Annual State Filings, Internal Controls, Policy Compliance, MOU Compliance, and 501c3 Status Maintenance
- Accounting Training: Staff and Chapter Officers
- A minimum of 3 years Bookkeeping, Payroll, and QuickBooks experience
- Experience with nonprofit fund accounting, budgeting, and functional reporting
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Accounting Degree
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete tasks with a minimum of direction
- Must be a quick learner, flexible, eager, responsive, and especially able to work well under deadlines and other pressures
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Maintain positive work atmosphere through personal actions and communication that fosters effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner; courteous of co-workers, members, volunteers, sponsors, and vendors
- Knowledge of environmental issues
- Familiarity with natural landscaping and native plants
We don’t expect our ideal candidate to possess all of the above requirements. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is quick learner and willing to do whatever is needed to support Wild Ones’ financial operations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $37,500 – $41,500 salary per year based on qualifications and experience
- Employee defined work hours per week – just get the job done
- Flexible schedule
- Work in-office and/or remotely
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, jury duty, and bereavement leave
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan; up to 3%company match
- Aflac insurance products available
- Email cover letter and resume as a single pdf document AcctMgr @ org.
Name your file: Last name_First name_Accounting_Manager.pdf
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until the position is filled.
The position is open immediately, so apply early!