As an organization, we have accomplished much
• The courage and enthusiasm of new members willing to consider a different approach to landscaping their own yards.
• The time, hard work, and commitment of our volunteers.
• The skills and enormous dedication of our staff.
• The financial help of many who support our vision.
During the past year, contributions
to Wild Ones have provided funding for important
accomplishments. In addition to continuing
to providing members with our top-notch magazine,
the Wild Ones Journal, in 2009, we:
• Processed over one hundred Seeds for Education grant applications, awarded $6,000 in grants, and changed the SFE grant program to the e-format now in use.
• Began design of a new web site.
• Constructed entrance gardens for the Wild Ones Institute for Learning and Development (WILD Center) and a parking area, and received our first renter.
• Developed and adopted a new Vision Statement for Wild Ones that will serve as the starting point of our 2010 Growing Wild Ones campaign.
In 2010 we hope to Grow Wild Ones through a promotional campaign aimed at convincing the general public to grow native plants, increasing Wild Ones’ recognition and membership, and promoting the new WILD Center in the Fox River Valley, Wisconsin.
These things will more readily be accomplished with the generosity of our members in your annual donations.
To be truly successful we need every member’s participation. Donations to Wild Ones will support our efforts to Grow Wild Ones.
As we celebrate 30 years of Wild Ones, thank you again for your continued support. Your membership and your affirmation are greatly appreciated.
To kick off the Grow Wild Ones Campaign for 2010, we have updated, revamped, and reproduced the popular "Wild About Wildflowers" video in DVD format. And now, this amazing video is available free when you join Wild Ones, or renew your membership at an upgraded level.
Because many of our long-time members have already received this helpful video, we are offering the DVD version free to new members, as an enticement to join Wild Ones. We want to – no, we need to – get Wild Ones membership over the 3,000-member hump.
This great video for all Wild Ones members,
new or old, lets you get dirt on your hands
without getting dirty. This video will help
• Identify native wildflowers and grasses.
• Design and prepare the planting site.
• Grow and nurture wildflowers and grasses.
• Plan for long-term maintenance.
• Enhance their landscaping to make it a habitat.
• Enjoy year-round beauty in their back yard, neighborhood, and schools or businesses.
Renewing members will receive a free copy of our 25th anniversary commemorative 4-color book of wonderful photos and stories from Wild Ones’ first 25 years, 25 Years of Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes.
Renew at the Wilder level, and get the Wild
About Wildflowers DVD free.
Renew at the Wildest level, and get the DVD and the 25-year book free.
Don’t wait, do it now. Join online at www.for-wild.org/joining.html.